twitter facebook RSS feed contact me

Good Deed of the Day! Family in need of help!

by One Frugal Chick on 04/12/2012

So I woke up to this email in my inbox this morning. This is from a friend of a friend, Kristin, (I have had correspondence with her in the past, and know this is a legitimate individual) who is also huge fan of One Frugal Chick,

“Hi Natasha,

I hope that you don’t mind me emailing you.  My best friend who is originally from NJ, in August had moved out to Ohio. She has 2 daughters (Olivia who is 5 and Charlotte who is 2.5 and a baby boy on the way). About three weeks ago, she came home to their house on fire. She and her family lost everything including their 4 dogs and 2 cats. I get goosebumps when I even type it.
Needless to say—they need everything. As I would like to give them the world, I have been searching for ways that I can help and have been using your site everyday to try to collect things for them. I thought to maybe drop you an email to not only let you know once again how much I use it but I also I know that you have a really wide fan base and at this point—they need all of the help that they can get.”
I have since talked with her and have many more details about the family. If you would like to help you can donate $ on their website http://helpsarahandandy.comor if you would like to send a package (that’s what I’ll be doing!)- possibly some of your stock pile :) please email me natasha@onefrugalchick.com and I will give you the mailing info and also email you with some more detailed info about the family. Seems like this family could really use the help!
If you can’t give anything but would like to send some nice thoughts/prayers via email as well, I can forward that along too :)
If you enjoyed this post, make sure you subscribe to my RSS feed!

{ 10 comments… read them below or add one }

j cardens April 12, 2012 at 12:11 pm

do they need clothing? please tell me what sizes. thanks!

One Frugal Chick April 12, 2012 at 12:29 pm

yes they need clothes :)

Sarah is size 2-4 or 3-5; XS or small maternity
small or medium regular clothes
shoe size 6.5

Andy is a medium shirt
32×36 pants
shoe size is 11-12

Olivia is a size 6. She absolutely LOVES dresses!
shoe size is 10.5

Charlotte is a 2T or 3T
shoe size is 7.5

and they have a baby boy on the way…she is due June 15th

Karley April 12, 2012 at 1:27 pm

I am Kristin’s sister and this post is AWESOME!! thanks for all your help :)

Elli April 12, 2012 at 4:23 pm

Hello,
My mom, sister and I want to send them pakages including baby stuff, gift cards and girls clothes. Also stockpile stuff. And some of my hubbys clothes. Breaks my heart especially all those poor animals. I would love to get their mailing info.
Your so sweet to post their story thats why I love you, you have an amazing sweet kind heart.

Lydia April 12, 2012 at 5:56 pm

Natasha, I want to help! May I get the address where I can send a package their way?

jeanine April 12, 2012 at 7:58 pm

I totally understand what this family is going through as it happened to myself and my family in October! Our condo burned to the ground and we lost everything! The RedCross and local hotels were very helpful and I thank them with all my heart! We are now living with a relative and having to sleep on cots but each day that passes makes it less and less painful! It is hard to rebuild and realize you lost so many memories but my kids keep me going! My thoughts and prayers are with this family, I wish I could help more! God Bless you Natasha and all you do as you have helped us to rebuild even though you didn’t know it! Keep up the good work and please pass along my prayers to the family! If she should need someone to talk to about it she may email, as I fully understand how they feel right now!

One Frugal Chick April 12, 2012 at 9:43 pm

aww Jeanine I had no idea! I hope & pray things are going in the right direction for you and your family. Please let me know if we can help in anyway. I will be sure to pass along your comment and email to the family. thank you!

Colleen Hoey April 13, 2012 at 3:34 pm

Both of you girls are amazing…so happy that you guys have this new connection!! Thank you for doing this, CC!!!!! love both of girls so much!

jeanine April 13, 2012 at 5:38 pm

Thank you Natasha for offering to help, we are doing ok and are getting back on our feet! You have helped by posting the things you do and we have gotten some great deals and freebies b/c of all you hard work and dedication! Just keep up the great work and that is all we need! :)

Zosia May 25, 2012 at 11:53 pm

There is a website called freecycle.org on which people are placing post whenever they need something or want to give away stuff. I had planty of my pre-baby clothes given away this way.
Of course you can find the group within the area you live.